Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Masters: A Tradition Unlike Any Other


ESPN:
Officials at the storied Georgia golf course, home to the annual Masters Tournament, announced Tuesday that Augusta National is joining forces with EA Sports to be part of its 2012 installment of the Tiger Woods PGA Tour golf game franchise.
Jimmy just tweet me this story, and I am not too sure how I feel about it. Yeah its gonna be awesome playing Augusta National, but at the same time this is hallow ground and I don't know if it should be put into a video game, were any schmuck who doesn't know the difference between Summit Muni and Augusta National can play it. Is EA going to do the CBS theme and graphics for the game (simple green, with no over the top graphics), are they going to have Jim Nantz call the round on the course? These are all crucial questions because these subtleties are all apart of the Masters viewing experience. Also, I know graphics are out of this world but its going to be next to impossible to recreate Augusta National. Still I'm probably going to buy, cause I love golf and the game looks awesome.

PS. Rumor has it that Tiger Woods '12 has a feature were women aren't allowed to play Augusta unless invited by a member.


EDITOR'S NOTE: Jim Nantz is doing the broadcasting so that problem is solved and from the video below the course looks amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment